Single-channel HD video, Colour, Sound, 5’06”
Spending one month and a half on a Trans-Mongolian Railway trip, with over 7,500 km in total, creates a mindscape large enough to contemplate the meaning of life, experience the unknown, and explore a deeper understanding of life.
A ‘Spiritual Quest’ exists in the inner self; its mystery is intriguing and impossible to unweave. Personal Odyssey, playing the role of an explorer, wanders through the journey of life.
My discovery of ‘Self-Odyssey’ was verbally scripted by 13 candidates. Each was cast in a reality show and interviewed about their personal lives and experiences. As I listened, I found myself wandering through their self-passage toward their quest.
The script was constructed by rearranging the words to bring out my perspective and interpretation of the 'Odyssey'. The supporting visuals are of my path through the Trans-Mongolian journey.
I’ve come to realize that life is the longest journey. A journey full of surprises, doubts, and uncertainties.
So you may ask, ‘How does one live through such a journey?’
The answer is simple, ‘By not giving a f*ck and living it to the fullest.’
- Semi-Finalist, Short Film Award, Bucharest International Experimental Film Festival, Romania
- Finalist, Experimental Films Award, International Moving Film Festival, Iran
- Finalist, Best Editor Award, International Moving Film Festival, Iran
- Finalist, Best Director Of Photography Award, International Moving Film Festival, Iran
- 9th International Video Poetry Festival, Greece
- Thailand Covid Film Festival, Thailand (Online Screening)